Persuasive Copy to secure your readers
Along with being a genuine company, the point of sale is with the hook of persuasion. Persuasive writing can be the difference between why one web page is a success while the other falls flat.
- Be bold, ask the questions no one else ask, but you know they want to!
- Sometimes it’s the most confronting truth full statement that causes conversation. If you don’t reel your readers in with that catchy lead line, you won’t catch them reading any further
- Catchy headlines, CAPITALS and figures can also warrant you the attention you’re after.
Focus on the reader/consumer
- Your focus is their focus. Human nature has it that individuals are interested in themselves – their goals, problems, hopes, fears, dreams and aspirations.
- Your products potential is determined highly on the client’s wants and needs and the ability it has to solve one of these problems.
- Be clever with your writing and target the viewer as an individual referencing to them as ‘you’
Stress the benefits of the product or service
- Whatever you do, don’t focus on the negative to much. Rather what the product or service can do to benefit in the situation.
- The marketer’s job is to sell!
- Don’t waste your time justifying, your product is great, it is the product they NEED!
Establish your credibility
- Maintain your customers, show them how you are superior to your competitors
- Testimonials – truthful ones boasting your services!
- ‘If our product worked for this consumer – it can work for you too’
Call to action
- Be clear, what do you want customers to do?
- Have a clear, easy and direct link between your offer and response mechanism!
- Keep your customers attention span, quick and punchy is the key!
Get readers acting ASAP, make it easy, interactive and engaging and you will hold the key to success!
Posted on September 24, 2011 in Copy Writing by Surf Pacific